Schnapps

Schnapps
Our mascot - ALWAYS!

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Latest Updates!

Schnapps and I are excited to tell everyone that we are now up to 15,101 chemo caps and counting!  Unfortunately, there are so many people who need hats that as many as we can make are being used and more are needed.  Please be sure that you help your local cancer center as much as possible, or send hats for us to distribute, especially with the cold weather approaching.  

Kozy Kovers for Kids is up to 1,549 blankets for foster care children and kids in crisis.  Together, we really are making a huge difference!

I know that many of you look to our patterns to make things for local charities and we think that is marvelous!  Please let us know the different places where you donate things made from our patterns - we love to hear about how something tiny, like a hat pattern, can ripple out and touch so many lives.

Schnapps and I will continue to do our part and make lots of hats and ship out all the hats that come in.  We will be posting new patterns in 2015, if not sooner,  I am sure.  He's got lots of ideas, but we've been busy.

If you're not a fan of Delaware Head Huggers yet, stop by and "Like" our Facebook page.  Help us name the patterns and see all the beautiful hats that are donated.  Stop by Kozy Kovers for Kids Facebook page too!  We welcome everyone to join us.  Stop by and say hello.  You can always reach Schnapps or me at robin@delawareheadhuggers.org too!

Schnapps and his spooky cookie on Halloween!

For those of you who insist on being rude or combative or just plain ignorant, please know that you will be blocked and ignored.  I've noticed over the past few years that there is a certain type of person who gets angry when they hear of other people sharing with and giving to others.  I can't imagine having that mindset.  It must be awful for you and those who have to spend time around you.  Luckily though, I can block and ignore those of you who send me mean emails and post rude comments.  I do not owe anyone anything at all.  I am not hurting anyone with what I do and those of you who think it is unfair of me to stipulate that my patterns should not be used for personal financial gain need to look deep into yourself and figure out why it's so important to use a charity pattern for your own monetary gain.  

I will continue to do this because I enjoy doing it.  I will not stop simply because you have issues.  The fact that these people take the time to harass me shows me that they have way too much free time on their hands.  Imagine how great it would be if instead of being argumentative, they picked up some yarn and made a difference for someone.  Sadly, that type of person is only thinking about herself - not about others at all.   So, if you post something rude and find yourself blocked -you know why.  If you send me an irate email demanding that you be allowed to profit from my work, know that you will not get a response, you will be deleted and blocked from ever contacting me again. 

Schnapps and I get much happiness from creating and distributing chemo caps and blankets to those who need them and no one is going to take away our joy.  

We are also almost all set for our first craft fair this coming Saturday.  We've been making tons of things and hope to have a successful sale so that we can continue to focus on Delaware Head Huggers and Kozy Kovers for Kids full time.

Here are some pictures of some of the things we will be selling.  We have LOTS to bring and set up.  Luckily my Dad made us some displays to use too!

lots of snowmen ornaments!

tiny reindeer pins and magnets

reindeer ornaments

HATS!  of course!  :)

wreath ornaments

bookmarks and barrettes

fingerless mitts

boot toppers









2 comments:

  1. hi there! I absolutely love your site and all of the patterns!!! I'm wondering if you also have patterns for fingerless gloves or boot toppers? thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry no - I might sell the patterns at a later time, but right now they aren't written up.

      Delete